Career Opportunity: Technical Team Leader, IT Managed Services
Looking for a career opportunity with a growing Managed Service Provider who provide ongoing BAU services? Smile IT also has a Wholesale telecoms arm to the business offering our clients cloud phone systems and a range of data services.
Our clients range from small, smart businesses to NASDAQ-listed multinationals. We have helped numerous organisations to be more efficient, more agile, and prepared them to be ready to innovate.
We help our clients take advantage of the best business solutions on the market and have accredited partnerships with leading Cloud solution providers.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced MSP Team Leader (Level2/3) to head up our technical group and manage client project and support operations. The role involves working with a dynamic team and with senior management to deliver IT operational outcomes that support business strategy. Attitude is everything and you will work in an agile/lean environment, paying particular attention to customer expectations and your relationship with them.
The successful applicant will be a multi-disciplined, dynamic, goal-oriented person who has strong ‘hands on’ technical system administration expertise and exceptional people skills. You will be comfortable in taking IT support decisions/efforts in an unstructured environment and assuming accountability for those. You will be proficient at managing projects through to completion. The role also includes a training aspect to ensure the continuous development of team members.
Job Benefits and perks
An exciting opportunity to work with a growing MSP. You will have exposure to a wide range of different technologies. A great team leadership role with a competitive salary dependent on experience as well as additional benefits are on offer for the successful candidate.
At Smile IT we believe that people should love what they do, and the environment they do it in! We try create an enjoyable space that promotes cohesion and support among team members. This means our employees are goal-focused, energetic and value team membership.
We celebrate successes, learn from challenges and are always looking towards improving ourselves. This translates into a happy team and satisfied customers. Smiles all round!
What we need
We are looking for a Brisbane-based resource who can :
- Work with Managed Support customers and the technical support team to ensure that expectations and performance targets are met
- Provide server, network and desktop support, including installing and maintaining complex multi-server and virtualised environments.
- Both manage and participate on technical projects to ensure successful delivery of initiatives
- Deliver on agreed IT support metrics
- Take operational decisions and accept accountability for their outcomes
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Support sales and business development opportunities and create new customer relationships
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Work in an agile/lean environment
- Bring a positive attitude to work every day
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role
- Strong customer interaction and service experience
- Broad technical skills across IT networking and server infrastructure
- Design, implementation and management of MS Server environments (Including Exchange/O365)
- Virtualisation of server and network infrastructure (VMWare, Hyper-V)
- Advanced networking technologies including switching and routing (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- Storage experience (e.g. SAN, NAS, CIFS) an advantage.
- Configuration and management of network hardware (Switches, Routers, Access Points)
- Network, Cloud and telephony technology experience
- IT project management and implementation experience
- Experience using ConnectWise and N-Central would be beneficial
Applying for the Role
If you believe you are the right person for the role advertised then please submit an application and please include the following information in a cover letter:
- Why you believe you are the right person for this position and the reason(s) you are applying for this role.
Applicants will be required to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in Australia, and at a minimum be required to undertake police checks as a condition of employment.