“Peter looks at our business as he would his own – he is continually trying to find smarter ways to improve efficiencies as well as cut costs”
Smile IT has worked with Spicers Retreats and Hotels for a number of years. We’ve been actively designing, implementing and deploying various IT infrastructure solutions across the different Spicers Properties.
Some examples of our IT infrastructure projects for Spicers have been to:
- Design and deploy long range 4G internet solution for two remote properties (at the time of deployment, Smile IT implemented the longest 4G internet link)
- Design, deploy and implement server and networking infrastructure
- Provide and implement various internet links including ADSL2, 4G, Fibre, AirFibre and EFM
- Design and implement wireless point-to-point links to provide internet connectivity and wireless networking across all of the Spicers’ properties with Ubiquiti equipment
- Deploy and configure all end-user equipment
- Implement security systems for room access
- Deploy and implement Remote Monitoring and Maintenance software to monitor and maintain servers and workstations
- Deploy and install a secure VPN for external users to securely access files hosted on the server in Brisbane
- Implement an effective Backup and Disaster Recovery Solution using ShadowProtect and network attached storage
- Deploy and install VOIP phone systems
- Design and implement call centre salutation for the reservation call centre.