Get a quick start to Skype for Business meetings by preloading meeting attachments when you set up your online meeting in Outlook. That way, when participants join the meeting, everything is ready to go.
How to preload attachments for a Skype for Business meeting
Uploading your meeting attachments in advance gives you time to focus on your meeting when your participants join.
Upload your meeting attachments in advance
- Set up a Skype for Business meeting in Outlook as you typically would do.
- On the Insert tab, in the Include section, click Attach File or Outlook Item, and then select the attachments you want to add. Your message will show that the meeting files have been attached to the meeting invitation.
- You can also attach a file that is in the cloud, such as in OneDrive for Business. However, the file won’t be loaded from the cloud location until the meeting starts.
- That’s it. Just double-check the information and click Send.
At this time, you cannot present a PowerPoint file from the cloud. You can open the file and then share your screen.
You can add meeting attachments any time prior to the meeting by updating the original meeting invitation and sending the update.
The attachments you included in your Skype for Business meeting invitation show up in the meeting window automatically when the first participant joins the meeting.
Use the attachments in the meeting
- In the meeting window, people can see there are meeting attachments by the notification in the yellow band and also by the orange dot next to the Present button.
- To retrieve the meeting attachments, click the Present button, and then select Manage Content.
- To view the meeting files, click the Open the file button.
Don’t see this feature in your Skype for Business client yet? Please contact our help desk on 1300 766 720.