“Smile IT limited impact and conducted a smooth, easy transition”
GBA CONSULTING ENGINEERS
GBA Consulting Engineers
Smile IT was contracted by GBA Consulting Engineers to deploy their new server infrastructure and implement a backup and disaster recovery solution. The servers were built and configured in the Smile IT offices and set up according to the requirements of GBA Consulting.
Here’s a look at the services we provided:
- Design and deploy an Office 365 solution that utilised Azure Active Directory in order to create a single sign-on solution. This provides ease of use and administration
- Setup of 60 remote users in Longreach. Full Remote support provided to all users via the Brisbane Support Office
- Build and set up physical servers to act as Hyper-V hosts
- Build and deploy multiple virtual servers on each physical host
- Deploy and implement Remote Monitoring and Maintenance software to monitor and maintain servers and workstations
- Deploy and Migrate Office 365, Sharepoint and OneDrive
- Implement an effective Backup and Disaster Recovery Solution using ShadowProtect and network attached storage
- Deploy Line-of-Business applications
- Deploy IPSEC VPN between four physical sites to create one seamless network with WAN acceleration using SonicWALL
Chancellors Chartered Accountants
Chancellors is a boutique firm of Chartered Accountants established in Brisbane in 1934. Independently owned,it’s been operated by three generations of the Chancellor family. Smile IT engaged with Chancellors in 2016 and we’ve established an excellent relationship built on the shared values of respect, integrity, honesty and commitment.
CCA had an old SBS server in place, past its warranty expiration date, and were looking to move to a cloud based architecture to address their evolving business needs. They needed a centralised solution that maintained enterprise-class security and ease of access. They also needed to update the hardware for their employees as part of their infrastructure review and renewal.
Smile IT has worked with Chancellors to change and implement the following solutions:
- Migrate email services to Office 365 from Exchange 2010
- Upgrade Office 365 subscription to Microsoft 365
- Implement Microsoft 365 features including:
- Advanced security and reporting
- Advanced Threat Protection
- Two Factor Authentication
- Conditional access
- Procure and install new workstations for all users
- Configure AzureAD for SSO and management of devices using corporate policies
- Configure secure remote access via IPSEC VPN
- Migrate company data from the server to SharePoint online
The move from a traditional on-premise infrastructure to Microsoft 365 has provided CCA with a centralised system for email and document collaboration. This system includes enterprise-class security and availability, and has been a successful and effective outcome for the organisation.
Balanced Business Accounting
Balanced Business Accounting (BBA) and Smile IT have been working together for the last 13 years. Matt (BBA Principal) and Peter (Smile IT) have together developed an IT platform to support a number of phases of business growth.
Smile IT has successfully delivered the following projects for BBA:
- New telephone systems
- Office 365 migration
- Federated Active Directory to Office 365
- Fast Data and Internet Links Leveraging NBN
- Remote worker enablement with cloud phones, VPN and 365
- Standardised work PC’s and Laptops with Dell Business Range
- Cloud monitored network devices
- Shadow protect backup solution