“The Makris Group has worked with Smile IT since 2017 and we’ve been consistently impressed by the quality of work they’ve delivered. Their attitude to helping and delivering on time is great and the quality of workmanship is superb.”
Our history with Turrisi property goes back 14 years. They’re our longest and most loyal clients, and we’ve developed a great relationship with them since 2005.
Based in West End, Turrisi is a property developer that has developed over 5000 residential lots and homes in South East Queensland over the last three decades. When it comes to urban communities, mixed-use or residential projects, Turrisi sets the gold standard.
That’s why we’re so proud to be associated with them. They produce quality, and they expect quality in return. Which is exactly what Smile IT delivers to them.
Over the years we’ve been able to help them out in a few different ways:
- They moved offices a couple of times, and we’ve been able to set up their IT systems and networks when they do
- Set them up with Microsoft Office 365
- Migrated their entire business to enterprise-class email and collaboration. This allows for single sign on through Office 365 and SharePoint online and the ability to work anywhere, on any device
- Set up security cameras at their two properties
- Provided ongoing advice to them about new systems and software.
The Makris Group is a privately owned retail property group with a strong presence in South Australia, Victoria and Queensland. It has recently acquired the Marina Mirage and the Oracle on the Queensland Gold Coast. In 2017, when Smile IT partnered with Makris, the company had adopted an exciting new direction, establishing its headquarters in Brisbane to drive a strategy of diversification with a focus on lifestyle destination properties.
Smile IT has helped Makris with this new strategy and direction by implementing the following:
- Removal of unsupported legacy SBS server
- Installation of fibre links at all sites, resulting in improved data speeds and phone capabilities (and reduced overall communication costs)
- Implementation of a Cloud-based phone system, allowing for multiple-site single-solutions and free calls between sites
- Migration of business to enterprise-class email and collaboration. This allows for single sign on through Office 365 and SharePoint online and the ability to work anywhere, on any device
- Establishment of a remote support desk providing IT managed services to the company
- A Virtual CIO advisory service providing recommendations/assurance to the senior executive team and to assist with technology choices
- Standardisation of end-user hardware
- Implementation of video conferencing solution at all sites, leveraging Skype for business
- Installation of conference phones at all sites.