Reducing WAN Bottlenecks with Silverpeak in Brisbane Australia
As a business grows, so does the demand for reliable IT resources and stable connections to various platforms. At Smile IT we continually strive to find better technology to help business become more efficient and save money. That is the reason why we have partnered and trained up our engineers in Silverpeak’s Wan and Cloud optimisation technology. Silverpeak’s primary strength is to Improve all native and cloud applications performance over distance.
Let’s say for example, that a business in Brisbane is relying on software hosted in California. There is an office of 20 users constantly putting demand on this app throughout the day, and despite having the best internet connection available and state-of-the art hardware; they experience connection issues and downtime. While having the right equipment and a high-speed internet connection may seem like enough to maximise the efficiency of this connection, there is still a need to further optimize the pathway between Brisbane and California (in this example).
How can this be possible? WAN optimisation
We have specifically been trialing and training in Silverpeak’s WAN solution to see first-hand the benefit that it can have for a business. A Silverpeak server is created on-site with the business, and a secondary Silverpeak installation is needed in a location close to the server that is being targeted by the optimisation. Through configuration of the appliance, a ‘tunnel’ is formed between two locations.
To explain further, a journey in a plane between two locations is quicker than driving a car. When creating these tunnels, Silverpeak is replicating this theory by providing a more direct route for traffic to flow. Silverpeak is able to recognise regular traffic flowing between two sites to improve speed and reliability, as well as correct errors in transmissions (packet loss).
In a new Cloud focused world Silverpeak Unity shines through like none other. Below is a small feature set.
- Optimizes every SaaS application, including Office 365 and Salesforce.com, and new applications are constantly being added.
- Advanced Exterior WAN Routing identifies the closest egress to SaaS data centers and directs traffic over an optimal path.
- Advanced Interior WAN Routing dynamically selects the fastest, least-congested, or most available path for traffic by monitoring packet loss, latency, and bandwidth in real-time.
- Cloud Intelligence subscription service delivers information about SaaS applications to Silver Peak software instances, creating an Internet weather map for intelligent routing decisions.
- Works across all networks, including MPLS, Internet VPNs or private lines. Unity finds the best path for any SaaS application.
We have seen that in environments requiring large amounts of traffic flow, a WAN optimisation solution can make a considerable difference in transfer times, connection stability and overall application performance.
If you are in a situation where you believe that this kind of technology could benefit your business, you can speak with a member of our team on 1300 766 720 to further discuss your options. We are fully certified and trained Silverpeak partners.